I know, I know...I promised I'd post more last summer...then suddenly *poof* I disappeared again.
Well I'm back, and #1 on my list of New Year's Resolutions is to Blog More...so, read through at your own discretion to find out what I plan on changing and how :)
Enjoy!
1. Blog more -- I love writing, and it has always helped me organize my thoughts and emotions. But "journal writing" has stopped helping me with that. I think the blog format makes it more interesting for me. I definitely need some sort of release.
2. Make a better effort with people -- have I mentioned before that I'm not much of a people person? Since I was born I've always just sort of been my own buddy. Entertaining myself. Being socially awkward and/or shy. Not caring much for ass-kissing, BS, or anything of the sort. I also think I wear my emotions on my face...so in the end all this just makes people think I'm a, oh what's that not so nice word for a not so nice female?? Yeh, that. I'm not. I promise. People who know me well will attest to that. But since a very young age, my shyness and lack of BS tolerance makes me look like...that word. So, I just sort of gave into it. Whatever. I don't care what people think. But I do. And although hubby is not much of a talker, everyone likes him because he is a good person, fun, and honest. I think i lack in the fun department. So i definitely need to step up. thus, I will try BETTER, not necessarily harder --as I shouldn't HAVE to be desperate. I just have to do better.
3. Be nicer to my hubby -- He works really hard, and I don't think I give him enough credit for all that he does for his family.
4. Create a realistic budget. Stick with it. -- this just speaks for itself. I'm a complete shopaholic. Not crazy expensive items. Just everyday everythings. If I want the big things eventually - our own home, topmost college education for my baby...I must stop shopping mindlessly. When I do shop, I must shop smarter. Also, pay off current debts.
5. Declutter my home, my work, my life. -- I'm a pretty organized person, at least I think so. But I'm a total hoarder. I need to declutter, I'm Monica from Friends. I don't have just ONE messy closet though...I have multiples + messy drawers, cupboards, etc. I also want organize ALL the photos I have (and those packed up somewhere in the warehouse), hard copy and online, so we never have to worry about losing them. Like I said--I'm Monica from Friends.
6. Take better photographs. -- a past hobby of mine that I miss.
7. Be more focused at work. -- too much to explain on this one. So let's keep it simple.
8. Drink more water -- at least 2 liters a day. It's just better for my skin, my hair, and my belly. Just ordered my first faucet water purifier (PUR) (as opposed to the 7 year old BRITA fridge pitcher water purifier we currently have.)
9. Cook at least 2-3 days a week-- for me, my family, and even finally for my friends. Obviously, we all know that cooking is healthier, cheaper, and apparently more therapeutic (I'm still waiting to see that last one happen for me). It's a way to better control what goes into mine and my family's bodies...and, well, i like control :). Why cooking for my friends? i'd just like to have my friends over more for dinners (something i prefer over the drinking binges at oh so many bars out and about in the city), and let them see the progress i have made since the hockey puck apple muffins and stomachache cold noodles of yesteryear. This combined with #2 -- be a better hostess.
10. Workout at least 4-5 days a week -- again, no brainer. I was able to do this for 3 months over the summer. And boy did it make adifference in all aspects of my life. Then a few trips (ie excuses) knocked out my momentum...and it was all downhill from there. All my progress wiped out clean. Also -- stretch, stretch, stretch. My body feels a hundred years old.
11. Eat less simple carbs, more fiber, protein, and good for my body foods, my allow indulgences so i don't go crazy -- this ties in with #10. I was doing the no carbs at night thing, more protein at breakfast, more veggies all day, triple thinking sweet treats, and tracking what i'm eating to make myself aware of what's going into my body.
12. Pamper myself a bit -- i need to finally use all those massage gift certificates people have given me over the years. (They have not expired, i checked). I need to get manis/pedis more often. I need to actually pay attention to my hair, and not let it be a frizzy, bumpy mess on a daily basis.
13. Meditate more -- breathe, do yoga, take a few minutes of quiet time a day, and, in conjunction with meditating, learn patience -- jetlag & potty training have really taken their toll on me today.
So 13 resolutions for 2013. Wish me luck! And maybe prescribe me a xanax.

Well I'm back, and #1 on my list of New Year's Resolutions is to Blog More...so, read through at your own discretion to find out what I plan on changing and how :)
Enjoy!
1. Blog more -- I love writing, and it has always helped me organize my thoughts and emotions. But "journal writing" has stopped helping me with that. I think the blog format makes it more interesting for me. I definitely need some sort of release.
2. Make a better effort with people -- have I mentioned before that I'm not much of a people person? Since I was born I've always just sort of been my own buddy. Entertaining myself. Being socially awkward and/or shy. Not caring much for ass-kissing, BS, or anything of the sort. I also think I wear my emotions on my face...so in the end all this just makes people think I'm a, oh what's that not so nice word for a not so nice female?? Yeh, that. I'm not. I promise. People who know me well will attest to that. But since a very young age, my shyness and lack of BS tolerance makes me look like...that word. So, I just sort of gave into it. Whatever. I don't care what people think. But I do. And although hubby is not much of a talker, everyone likes him because he is a good person, fun, and honest. I think i lack in the fun department. So i definitely need to step up. thus, I will try BETTER, not necessarily harder --as I shouldn't HAVE to be desperate. I just have to do better.
3. Be nicer to my hubby -- He works really hard, and I don't think I give him enough credit for all that he does for his family.
4. Create a realistic budget. Stick with it. -- this just speaks for itself. I'm a complete shopaholic. Not crazy expensive items. Just everyday everythings. If I want the big things eventually - our own home, topmost college education for my baby...I must stop shopping mindlessly. When I do shop, I must shop smarter. Also, pay off current debts.
5. Declutter my home, my work, my life. -- I'm a pretty organized person, at least I think so. But I'm a total hoarder. I need to declutter, I'm Monica from Friends. I don't have just ONE messy closet though...I have multiples + messy drawers, cupboards, etc. I also want organize ALL the photos I have (and those packed up somewhere in the warehouse), hard copy and online, so we never have to worry about losing them. Like I said--I'm Monica from Friends.
6. Take better photographs. -- a past hobby of mine that I miss.
7. Be more focused at work. -- too much to explain on this one. So let's keep it simple.
8. Drink more water -- at least 2 liters a day. It's just better for my skin, my hair, and my belly. Just ordered my first faucet water purifier (PUR) (as opposed to the 7 year old BRITA fridge pitcher water purifier we currently have.)
9. Cook at least 2-3 days a week-- for me, my family, and even finally for my friends. Obviously, we all know that cooking is healthier, cheaper, and apparently more therapeutic (I'm still waiting to see that last one happen for me). It's a way to better control what goes into mine and my family's bodies...and, well, i like control :). Why cooking for my friends? i'd just like to have my friends over more for dinners (something i prefer over the drinking binges at oh so many bars out and about in the city), and let them see the progress i have made since the hockey puck apple muffins and stomachache cold noodles of yesteryear. This combined with #2 -- be a better hostess.
10. Workout at least 4-5 days a week -- again, no brainer. I was able to do this for 3 months over the summer. And boy did it make adifference in all aspects of my life. Then a few trips (ie excuses) knocked out my momentum...and it was all downhill from there. All my progress wiped out clean. Also -- stretch, stretch, stretch. My body feels a hundred years old.
11. Eat less simple carbs, more fiber, protein, and good for my body foods, my allow indulgences so i don't go crazy -- this ties in with #10. I was doing the no carbs at night thing, more protein at breakfast, more veggies all day, triple thinking sweet treats, and tracking what i'm eating to make myself aware of what's going into my body.
12. Pamper myself a bit -- i need to finally use all those massage gift certificates people have given me over the years. (They have not expired, i checked). I need to get manis/pedis more often. I need to actually pay attention to my hair, and not let it be a frizzy, bumpy mess on a daily basis.
13. Meditate more -- breathe, do yoga, take a few minutes of quiet time a day, and, in conjunction with meditating, learn patience -- jetlag & potty training have really taken their toll on me today.
So 13 resolutions for 2013. Wish me luck! And maybe prescribe me a xanax.

No comments:
Post a Comment