So baby #2 has finally arrived (I will post that chronicle at some point) -- my sweet baby boy Peanut. From day one this child has been completely different from his big brother. Up until 3 months, when he decided he wanted to rival Monkey's terrible sleep habits as a baby. I'm exhausted. Hubs is exhausted, and possible sick from the exhaustion. It seems to be getting worse and more inconsistent as each day goes on. And to top it off, I've given up sugar (not 100% -- I still take my morning Coffee Bean Hazelnut latte with half powder ...2 shots of espresso please & fruit is always a breakfast side)....but still. We all know my love for everything sweet (hello Gestational Diabetes with BOTH pregnancies), but I am trying to do it without any "sugar free" substitutes which I would use occasionally when desperate during my two bouts with GD. I'm sleepy, going through sugar withdrawal, and I'm pretty sure my brain has turned to soup. I've read & re-read every sleep training book on the planet between both boys, posted numerous times on Babycenter, and one more 4am fuss-fest away from spending Monkey's college fund on a sleep trainer. I can't even focus on all the sleep info that has infiltrated my mushy mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment