Friday, April 24, 2009

I Was Right All Along!!

photo courtesy of pleasuremountain.files.wordpress.com

So, I have had this discussion with quite a few Brown people (as well as some well-versed Non-Brown people) regarding the difference between Kati Rolls and Frankies. If you have seen my "Favorite Restaurants" blog (Foodie & the Restaurants) you will see under MUMBAI, the restaurant TIBBS. It's not really a restuarant, but more of a street vendor. However, they are the makers of Frankies, again, possibly the best food item on the planet (I have tried others', but Tibbs is the BEST by far)!
Frankies are just this delicious, spicy delecacy of protein (chicken, lamb, paneer) cooked in spices and sauces, wrapped in an egg-washed flaky roti, and served in a plastic coccon, with a paper containing the name (and coordinating color) wrapped around. Kati Rolls are not as saucy and have a world's different taste than Frankies. However, many peopel have said to me that they are the same thing essentially. Well, now I found others who agree with me! Check out Midtown Lunch's post today on this very matter:

http://midtownlunch.com/2009/04/24/frankies-and-kati-rolls-are-not-the-same-thing/

No comments:

Post a Comment