Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...(2009-2010 recap)


I know, I know...you're wondering where the heck I've been for the last 2 and some odd years.  I've been pretty busy actually.
The last you heard from me (September 24th, 2009), I was 3/4 of the way through my pregnancy.  Well, on December 8th, 2009, my li'l monkey (we had a baby boy!) was born in all his 7lbs 10oz and 21 1/4" glory.  Monkey was a handful from the get-go, and I went through a bit of PPD (more about that at a later date perhaps).  But boy, did I fall in love with this kid the moment they placed him on belly. That super pensive face--he always looked like he was deep in thought--I couldn't stop staring at him (can you imagine how he must have felt?  "Moooooom, STOP looking at me!) 2 1/2 years, about 100 milestones (and tantrums) later...and I still can't stand being away form him.  Needless to say, going back to work when Monkey was 3 months old was not an easy move for me. I went back part-time initially, but have been rockin' 4 days a week for the passed year.
Back to my lost 2 1/2 year timeline...
Tiny Dancer got married to Golden Boy October 2009 -- I was 8 months preggers and Mama could have delivered right there on the dance floor. (Thankfully, she didn't.)  We partied til the break of dawn, baby bellies and all.
Mama had a baby girl, my Stinkybelle, in November 2009.  She was a feisty diva from day one and I love every bit of her.
2010 seemed to wiz by...I turned 30 (woohoo!!), we did some traveling (Monkey got to meet all his British cousins!), took Monkey to a few weddings, made some new friends, and tried out a few Mommy & Me classes.  Monkey rolled over at months, pulled himself to standing by 8 months, stood on his own by 9 months, and started walking at 10 months...and within what felt like seconds, it was his 1st birthday.

We had a Monkey themed party (of course) with a big ol' chocolate monkey cake and some monkey cake pops. Of course, he spent most of the party crying or with pensive-face.

The following week, Monkey started getting his first tooth, and we left for his first trip to India to visit his Bada Nana (Great-Grandfather). Monkey had a lot of fun trying new foods, running around India, and meeting new people.  The three of us, Hubs, Monkey, and I, spent New Years Eve cuddling in bed together. Perfect way to end a busy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment