Monday, July 30, 2012

Last Night's Dinner

So I'm going to start posting some of meals I cook during the week for Hubs and myself.  I find the recipes anywhere and everywhere, and try to make sure they are healthy and delicious.  Sometimes it's a hit.  Sometimes it's a miss.  I will also try and post pictures of the meal, but many times I forget to take the pictures until after Hubs and I inhale them (we eat really fast).
Last night's meal was a recipe for Crunchy Coconut Chicken with Mango Salsa which I got off the Blog, The FitCook.  I forgot to take pictures, of course, so the below picture is of the leftover mango salsa that I actually made FROM SCRATCH!!


Notes: I used sweetened shredded coconut as that was all they had at the grocery store.  So I used less off it because sweetened coconut tends to have a high sugar content.  This, however, meant that there was less coverage on the chicken.  Thus less crunchy.  Next time I would prefer to use the full amount of unsweetened coconut and add 2tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract as recommended by one of the commentors on Fit Cook's site. Also, this recipe is for 4 servings, so I made half the recipe of the actual chicken portion, but the full recipe for the salsa.

Verdict: Hubby really liked it (he loves anything that's sweet, so the sweetened coconut and mango did help with that).  I did like it as well, but I think i put too much Balsamic Vinegar (2TBS).  So the smell was bothering me while i ate.  I had so much leftover salsa left, obviously, that I decided to freeze it to use it at a later date.  

No comments:

Post a Comment