Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where'd You Go, Joe?


So literally just days after listing Empanada Joe's as one of my FAVE lunch spots/restaurants in NYC (see post - Foodie & the Restaurants), according to blog Midtown Lunch, the 8th Avenue & 43rd Street location has closed, and are redirecting customers to their 6th Avenue location. What?! This is preposterous! This was the first and only place I had found that had BAKED and FRESH empanadas. Foods enclosed in fully covered, wrap-like, manner are one of my most cherished types of foods (I will be posting about this later in the day). Flaky, non-oil-soaking-napkin deliciousness...why are all my favorite lunchtime spots shutting?!! If Ginger's goes next...I may have to move.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever go up to the UES in the 90s... head to my favorite empanada spot... EVERRRRRRR - it's called Gauchas - on 1st Ave between 90th & 91st.... i LOVE that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and if Ginger ever closes/moves... i have your replacement. Schezuan Gourmet - on 39th btwn 5th & 6th - LOVE.

    ReplyDelete