Monday, June 1, 2009

Things to do before I go broke...

My name is Brownie, and I am a shopaholic. Recently I was talking to a friend (no, not OH), and she told me that I shop so much because I am bored, and don't have any hobbies like I once did. She asked me to think of what fun things I would like to do, that would take me away from my insane shopping habit (much to the extreme joy of Hubby).

So here's my list. Let's see if I can get at least some of them done this summer, and save some moolah for the Li'l Bluebri's college education.

1. Take drawing classes (OH gave me a set of of 5 for my birthday...now I actually have to use them)
2. Visit a different Museum every couple of weeks (Met, Moma, Bodies exhibit, Natural History, Frick)
3. Ride a bicycle through Central Park (not feasible while pregnant, however), or just walk around the park & have a picnic lunch there
4a. Join a Book Club....it sounds like fun, but then I actually have to complete a book for each meeting
4b. While we're at that, actually use my library card for the first time
5. Help out in some sort of child care environment, maybe an art class for kids or something to that effect
6. Try an art therapy class for adults (do they exist?)
7. Take swim lessons
8. Create some new scrapbooks (especially one for the baby)
9. Work on a photo montage for Tiny Dancer & SK Prankster
10. Put together new fun playlists on my ipod (I want some good tunes for the baby to hear in the womb)
11. Plan the nursery/get the nursery done
12. Take a dance class (again, probably not very feasible during the pregnancy)
13. Join Netflix and rent a bunch of DVDs of shows that I want to get into; go to the theater and see a movie
14a. Go to the Bronx Zoo/Sothstreet Seaport/Cloisters/Botanical Gardens/
14b. Again, while we're at it, (Although this should probably be done WITH kids) Go to an Amusement Park--Hershey, Sesame, Great Adventure
15. Increase my baking skills--get creative with fondant, flavors, colors, etc.

3 comments:

  1. I can help with #14b (especially if you are interested in Dorney Park, since I can see it from my house!) and I would love to work on #15 with you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down for 2, 3, 14a, & 14b if you want company. I can also volunteer myself as the official taste tester for 15!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I wish I had made one before I went broke.

    ReplyDelete