So I have decided that since I'm not much of a cook...I'd like to become a baker. I LOVE coming up with new sweet ideas to concoct for get-togethers and guests. I started at the wee age of 12, baking with my sister (the boxed variety)....My Mom loved to cook, but my sister and I were more interested in the sweets region. Since I was not very experienced in cooking, BAKING from scratch scared me. But lately something has come over me, and I just decided -- it's so much easier to control what goes into the mix when you make it all yourself. I started last November with a MASSIVE Autumn care package for my sister who was away at college. (the theme: PUMPKIN)...I made Pumpkin mini muffins, Pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting (thanks LawRose for the recipe!), Pumpkin scones, AND the "piece de resistance" (anybody know how to put accents in a blog?) -- Oreo Cream Cheese Balls. (I know, no pumpkin, but AMAZING. Thank you to Mama's friend for this one...pure genius.)
Anyhoo...from time to time, I'll post recipes or pictures of stuff I've baked that have received good reviews from my personal taste testers. I'll also post stuff that LOOKS really good to me. (I'd like to send a shout out to the girls of Cupcakes Take the Cake--you ladies are an inspiration. Thank you! http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com)
I'd also LOVE to get your recipes or pics of yummy baked goods. I'm always looking for something new to try, or to post works of artistic deliciousness. :D
(This post was inspired by my sudden craving for a Lemon Tart...I can't find one ANYWHERE!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment